Breaking: City of Chicago makes good on threat against Jussie Smollett



The city of Chicago filed a lawsuit Thursday against "Empire" star Jussie Smollett and made good on their threat to use legal means to secure the costs of the investigation into his racial attack claims.

Officials filed a civil complaint in Cook County Circuit Court despite a stunning dismissal of 16 felony charges that had been pressed against him.

The complaint said the city was "seeking relief against Defendant for false statements he made to the City, and seeking recovery of the costs of necessary services provided by the City due to Defendant's violations..."

The city is suing for $130,000 to recoup their costs.

Smollett claimed that he was attacked by two men spouting Trump campaign slogans and that they hung a noose around his neck, doused him with bleach, and yelled racial and homophobic slurs.

"Defendants knew his attackers and orchestrated the purported attack himself," the filing claimed. "Later, when police confronted him with evidence about his attackers, he still refused to disclose his involvement with planning the attack."

Smollett has maintained his innocence of the charges, and appeared to escape unscathed after forfeiting a $10,000 bond and completing community service.

His lawyers excoriated the city for threatening to sue him and said he would defend himself vehemently against such a lawsuit.

Here's the latest in the Smollet hoax attack:

City Sues Jussie Smollett For Investigation Costs. www.youtube.com


Read The Rest at TheBlaze - US- (opens a new tab)





Pages

Archive