FARGO — Two people managed to escape injury but will now need to find a place to stay after a fire broke out at a south Fargo home Tuesday evening, Jan. 19.
About 6:20 p.m., firefighters responded to a report of a fire at 514 Ninth St. S., a house in the Hawthorne neighborhood about four blocks south of the Cass County government complex.
According to Fargo Fire Department Batallion Chief Joe Mangin, a mattress in a second-floor bedroom had caught on fire.
Crews put out the flames, but the house experienced water and smoke damage, Mangin said. No one was injured in the blaze.
Mangin said the two people in the house were working with the American Red Cross to find a place to stay.
Officials cut off the home's electricity and heat. Around 7 p.m. were waiting for an investigator to arrive on the scene.